Ten random things:
1) Hygge has been on my mind a lot lately. Kind of like healthy hibernating. Hygge (pronounced hue-gah) is a Danish word that is a feeling or mood that comes taking genuine pleasure in making ordinary, every day moments more meaningful, beautiful or special.
2) It's time for my annual winter blahs. Big time. I think if I wasn't out in the cold every single day it wouldn't be so bad, but I have to concern myself with winter driving, the cold, and dreary skies.
3) I'm knitting a pussyhat for my eldest Virginia niece. She's attending the Washington March. I thought about traveling to my state capitol for Maine's march, but...
4) I had my students analyze George Washington's Cabinet by creating job descriptions for the Cabinet posts. The next step was for them to apply for one of the four posts. What a hoot! They had creative license to come up with reasons they would be good for the post they applied to and some of them were really clever.
5) The department meeting scheduled for after school today has been canceled! Hooray! I have meetings every other night this week, so an afternoon off is awesome!
6) My library book group is meeting tomorrow--postponed from last week--and I hope I can still remember details of the book.
7) My school book group is meeting Friday and I hope I finish the book in time! I have fewer than 4 hours left to listen. But I've got meetings every night, both after school and evening. Big busy week.
8) One of my study hall students just stood up, unbuttoned his trousers and unzipped a little to tuck in his shirt. Right there. In front of me and everyone else. Dear lord. They don't know why I'm freaking out about it.
9) So, now we're expecting an ice and snow storm. 2-4 inches of snow with another inch or so of freezing rain and rain. Why do I live here??