ten things tuesday
Ten ways I can take care of myself:
1) Sleep more. I can go to bed earlier and unplug the electronics. I don't have a TV in my bedroom and I don't need to be on my phone, scrolling through Instagram and Facebook.
2) Feel my feelings. I don't have to dwell in the feelings but honoring them and feeling them and then letting them go. I'm getting better at that.
3) Say no when I mean it. I need to say no for committees and projects at school when I don't want to do them. I frequently feel guilted into serving.
4) Cultivate my hobbies. Knitting and reading and belonging to communities for each. I love knitting, I can't believe I've only been at it for five years yet I've got so much to learn! I love yarn and fiber and all the geegaws that go with it.
6) Meditate. I'm looking for a few apps to download for guided meditation. Relaxation techniques help me during the day and right before bed.
7) Make playlists. I love making playlists on Spotify. Music soothes the soul. Sometimes it's current favorites and new music and other times old favorites from the mixed tapes from my college years.
8) Manicures. I love looking through Pinterest and online to find fun nail ideas. And it's relaxing to be pampered.
9) Color. Especially with the Colorfy app. Or occasionally I'll use my fancy colored pencils.
10) Plan out my wardrobe for the next day. Right down to the accessories, socks, and shoes (if it's winter, anyhow).