Cyclogenesis is the development or strengthening of cyclonic circulation in the atmosphere (a low-pressure area). Cyclogenesis is an umbrella term for at least three different processes, all of which result in the development of some sort of cyclone, and at any size from the microscale to the synoptic scale.
Bombogenesis is defined as a mid-latitude cyclone that drops in surface barometric pressure by 24 or more millibars in a 24-hour period. The height contours pack around the center of rotation and the number of height contours increases rapidly in the developing stages.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM SUNDAY TO 5 AM EST
The National Weather Service in Caribou has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow...which is in effect
from 7 PM Sunday to 5 AM EST Tuesday.
* LOCATIONS...Northern Aroostook and Northern Somerset counties
* HAZARD TYPES...Snow and blowing snow.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...6 to 10 inches.
* TIMING...Sunday night through Monday night. The worst conditions
are expected later Sunday night through Monday.
* IMPACTS...Snow and blowing snow will reduce visibilities and create
hazardous travel conditions.
* WINDS...Northeast 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* TEMPERATURES...Through the teens to the lower 20s.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while