Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection...
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? my trip to New York City to see my friend's Broadway play, watching him perform was magnificent!
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? financial struggles
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year? re-connecting with my eldest Pennsylvania niece and her family
4. What was an unexpected obstacle? finances
5. Pick three words to describe 2016. bad-ass, funny, liberating
6. What were the best books you read this year? Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel; The Nothing Girl by Jodi Taylor; The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah; The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater; A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara; and Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
7. With whom were your most valuable relationships? my family
8. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year? getting real with myself--really real
9. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? prioritizing myself and my well-being
10. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? incorporated meditation into my relaxation routines
11. In what way(s) did you grow physically? I was attentive to my eating/snacking
12. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? I was more present
13. What was the most enjoyable part of your work? reaping the rewards of the contract I negotiated last year
14. What was the most challenging part of your work? 15 weeks of a student teacher
15. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? TV
16. What was the best way you used your time this past year? meditating
17. What was biggest thing you learned this past year? you never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice
18. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2016 for you. to quote Julie Chen (host of Big Brother), "Expect the unexpected."