I was not familiar with the Elvis version of this song--I know the Anne Murray version quite well
1) In this song, Elvis wants the snowbird to fly away and take the snow back with her. Have you seen a measurable snowfall yet this season
we have had a couple of feet of snow already
2) Drivers in snowy climes are encouraged to keep salt, sand or kitty litter in the trunk because those items can help a car regain traction in the snow. Do you have an emergency kit in your car right now? If so, what's in it? I have a blanket, or maybe two, some water, and granola bars
3) Back in 2007, North Dakota set the world record for the most snow angels made at one time (8,910). Do you enjoy playing in the snow? I do not like winter. I know, I ask myself daily during the winter months why I live in Maine...
4) Chionophobia is the fear of snow. Astraphobia is the fear of thunder and lightening. Lilapsophobia is the fear of tornadoes and hurricanes. Do you have to cope with any of these fears? Ephebiphobia is the fear of teenagers and pedophobia is the fear of little children (the latter is closest to my fears)
5) Elvis' daughter Lisa Marie split her childhood between Memphis and Los Angeles, so she seldom saw snow. When she was a little girl, she was whisked her off to Denver in her father's private plane so the two of them could spend an afternoon playing in the snow. If you could take off and spend the afternoon anywhere in the world, where would you go? I would go... hmmm, this is a toughie, I'd love to see NYC decked out for the holidays
6) At home and onstage, Elvis refused to wear jeans and only wore denim if a film role demanded it. This is because when he was young, classmates teased him for "dressing poor" in jeans and coveralls. What did you wear to class when you were in grammar school? I remember having to wear dresses my first couple years of school, then girls were allowed to wear pants and bell bottoms were de rigueur
7) Elvis and President Jimmy Carter are distant relatives (the President is the sixth cousin of the King's great grandfather). Your turn: Tell us about one of your more interesting relatives. I am distantly related through my mother's side to both Madonna and Celine Dion, and Madonna and Celine are distantly related, also (Madonna's mother is related to the Dion family which is my mother's mother's family). From what my genealogy loving uncle tells me, we are closer relatives to Madonna than to Celine.
8) In 1971, when Elvis released his recording of "Snowbird," You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown was a hit on Broadway. Who is your favorite Peanuts character? Snoopy and Charlie
9) Random question: You receive a gift certificate from a gourmet food company that can be redeemed for one of these three things: 1 lb. of caviar, 5 lbs. of steak or a 10 lb., live lobster. Which would you choose? probably the live lobster because it would be a nice treat for my family (I don't care much for lobster)