Thank you so much to Erika at Endomental for gifting me with the Liebster Blog Award!
“The Liebster Award” is given to up and coming bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers. The word "Liebster" comes from German and can mean the sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the Rules for this Award:
Thank the person who nominated you. When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you. Pass the award onto 6 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!) You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
11 Random Facts
1) I have written a dozen letters of recommendation for students applying to college. It's hard to keep them fresh.
2) If shopping, particularly online, was a sport I would be THE gold medalist world champeen!.
3) I haven't been listening to books while knitting lately, I've been watching TV. I need to get back to listening.
4) I get my outfit ready for the next day before I go to bed.
5) When I take on a challenge, I go whole hog. I'm in, all in. All or nothing.
6) I am not superstitious and I don't believe in signs. I do knock wood occasionally.
7) Fall is my favorite season, more specifically October is my favorite month.
8) I have favorite students. I have a favorite class. I have least favorite students. I have a least favorite class.
9) My homeroom students delight me because they play chess in the mornings. There are a couple of boys from the chess team who are rather intent and serious about it (although they put up with my ribbing) and their friends come in and they have chessy conversations.
10) Students that aren't even in my classes come to me for my Tide stick or my static spray or my lint roller. Or my cool scissors.
11) There isn't enough space on my iPad for my episodes of Downton Abbey. Egads!
Questions from Endomental:
1. What book do you really not want to read, but you feel like you "should"? I felt that way about Fifty Shades of Gray. My sister was going on and on and on about it.
2. Quick, no peeking! List the vegetables in your fridge. there are none
3. Check your fridge. Were you right? I am correct
4. What's your favorite comfort food? mashed potatoes
5. When you were twelve, what job did you think you'd have/want to have? I really didn't think about it
6. Have you ever met any of your bloggy-buddies in person? no, but I would like to
7. Do you have a silly word that you use instead of swear words when swear words are inappropriate? If so, what is it? I don't have one... I usually say "grrrrr..." in place of it
8. Describe the perfect cup of coffee. ahhh, there is nothing like it, is there? I prefer Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee with cream and liquid sugar. Regular. Although, the new coffee shop in town has a great hazelnut latte.
9. Do any common grammatical errors make you crazy? Which ones? around here, people say "seen" instead of "saw"
10. Do you use movie quotes as part of conversation? not really
11. If you had to double for a celebrity, who would it be? Melissa McCarthy...
1) What is your writing preference: pen or pencil; ink color; favorite brand?
2) How often do you write checks?
3) Do you have a lucky or favorite number? Why that one?
4) My dad orders chicken parm at almost every restaurant we go to. Do you have a go-to meal?
5) If you had to give up a food group for one month, which food group would you give up?
6) What is your worst procrastination habit?
7) Are you into crafts? Would you like to be if you are not?
8) What chore do you put off most often?
9) Would you rather have a parade in your honor or have a troop of cheer leaders (with pom-poms and everything) follow you around to celebrate your next accomplishment?
10) How often do you look at your spam folder?
11) What song is stuck in your head?