Here are the particulars as Teresa explains:
Welcome to the Original Audio Book Challenge. This challenge is for Audio Book lovers as well as those who are brand new to them.
There are five levels to the challenge
- Flirting-Listen to 6 Audio Books
- Going Steady- Listen to 12 Audio Books
- Lover- Listen to 25 Audio Books
- Married-Listen to more than 25 Audio Books
- You Define the Relationship- Create your own challenge (choose your own name and level starting as low or going as high as you’d like)
This is a fairly laid back challenge and I want it to be as enjoyable as possible.
- Audio Books can be any genre
- You can cross challenges
- You don’t have to be a blogger to participate. You can tell us about what you are listening to in the comments of the monthly link up.
So, I dedicate my Ten Things Tuesday to ten audio books I would like to listen to this year:
1) I'm starting out the year with Crime and Punishment. It's a read-along with my APUSH class--most of whom are in Honors English and they are reading it in that class and I promised I would join.
2) My Extraordinary Life by Sissy Spacek.
3) Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson. I actually started this already but stopped to listen to Dostoevsky.
4) Unbroken by Lauren Hillenbrand. It came highly recommended as a read and I picked it up on sale as audio.
5) This Time Together by Carol Burnett. She shaped my childhood. It's the first show I remember making an effort to watch. I love her.
6) Mindy Kaling's: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
7) My Lucky Life In and Out of Show Business: A Memoir by Dick Van Dyke
8) Something by Carrie Fisher, I bet she'd be fun.
9) Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter, a recommendation from a friend--she said listening was awesome.
10) Along the Way: The Journey of a Father and Son by Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez
I find I especially enjoy memoirs because they seem conversational when read by the author. And, hopefully I'll listen to more!