Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection... as seen at Boss Nurse Speaks (edited out the spouse questions).
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? I learned to knit--it opened up creativity and gave me a social outlet, too
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? attending the AP Institute when I had no real background
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year? knitting... and audio books
4. What was an unexpected obstacle? having to move from my classroom
5. Pick three words to describe 2012. liberating, creative, and bonds
6. What were the best books you read this year? 11/22/63 by Stephen King, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, The Impeachment of Abraham Lincoln by Stephen L. Carter, and The Light Between Oceans by M L Stedman
7. With whom were your most valuable relationships? my family
8. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year? facing my fear of the dentist
9. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? removing myself from chaos at work
10. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? found more inlets to peace
11. In what way(s) did you grow physically? dental care--I even had my wisdom teeth out!
12. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? more outlets for socializing
13. What was the most enjoyable part of your work? facing new content
14. What was the most challenging part of your work? facing new content
15. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? TV
16. What was the best way you used your time this past year? knitting and listening to audiobooks
17. What was biggest thing you learned this past year? attending the AP Institute for Psychology taught me so much!
18. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2012 for you. Making new friends brought me closer to those I already have.